Universal, Standalone In-System Programmers
FlashRunner’s fully reconfigurable and flexible hardware is capable of programming a vast amount of Flashed-based microcontrollers and serial memories. Currently supporting more than 4500 devices, FlashRunner’s device list is continuously increasing at a fast pace. Thanks to special partnerships with the most important Silicon Manufacturers, our engineers are constantly updated with first-hand technical information.
FlashRunner has been built for speed. Both the hardware and firmware have been engineered to work together in such an efficient way as to eliminate communication bottlenecks. On top of this, fast Programming Algorithms have been developed that reach the memory technology speed limit of the target device. This makes FlashRunner one of the fastest universal In-System Programmers on the market, enabling you to significantly cut production costs.
FlashRunner works either in standalone mode or driven by a host system, through Ethernet or RS-232 connections. Its simple and versatile interface allows FlashRunner to be easily and seamlessly integrated into Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) systems. FlashRunner is compatible with Agilent, Teradyne, SPEA, Genrad, and other systems and test fixtures.
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint. Every component of the system has been engineered to withstand the harshest production environments. Optoisolation, ESD protection, CRC on data transfers and detailed reports make FlashRunner the perfect choice when certainty of the programming flow is of the utmost importance.
- Fast and Reliable for the Industrial Environment
- Programming Algorithms as Fast as Memory Technology Limit
- Easy Integration in Programming Lines (ATE, ICT, Test Fixtures)
- Universal and Fully Upgradable
FlashRunner I series (Italian patent pending) is a range of high-performance, standalone In-System Programmers specific for Flash-based microcontrollers and serial memories. FlashRunner I series is targeted at production environments and can work either in full standalone mode or controlled by a host System.
- Fastest programming algorithms (as fast as target device's memory technology limit), approved by silicon manufacturers;
- Easy ATE integration;
- Standalone operations (projects and code images stored on a memory card);
- Also controllable by any host system via RS-232 or Ethernet (depending on the model);
- Supports most ISP protocols (BDM, JTAG, SPI, I2C, MON, ICC, SCI, etc.);
- Flexible, fully configurable;
- Compact and robust design for production environments;
- Data integrity guaranteed (every data transfer to/from the host system or Secure Digital card is CRC tagged).
All of the models of the FlashRunner I series have been designed for maximum performance and reliability.
FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint.
- 9 to 24V DC power supply input (110/220V AC for the FR01PRO model);
- Five digital I/O lines;
- Two digital I/O or analog output lines;
- Two programmable output voltages (0 to 15V, 0.25A and 0 to 5V, 0.5A);
- One analog input line;
- One programmable clock output;
- Secure Digital memory card (up to 2 GB);
- 512 bytes on-board dynamic memory;
- On-board timekeeper and calendar;
- I/O protection;
- Optoisolated inputs for project selection;
- Two optoisolated command inputs (START and STOP);
- Three optoisolated status outputs (FAIL, PASS, BUSY);
- Optoisolated RS-232/Ethernet channel.
FlashRunner's open architecture makes its firmware easily upgradable to support both new devices and new Features.
FlashRunner is set up and controlled via ASCII-based commands. FlashRunner can receive and execute commands in two ways:
- Over the RS-232 or Ethernet connection (Host mode);
- Via "scripts" stored in its SD card (Standalone mode).
In the first case, FlashRunner is controlled by a host system (e.g. Windows HyperTerminal); in the latter case, FlashRunner works in standalone mode and is fully autonomous.
- Fully autonomous standalone mode thanks to its SD memory card (FAT16);
- Controllable by any host system through a terminal utility and simple ASCII protocol;
- Unlimited projects (scripts);
- Log files;
- Erase, blank check, program, read, verify, oscillator trimming, etc.
FlashRunner comes with a Windows utility that allows you to communicate with the instrument and perform the most common operations: send commands, manage SD card files, update the instrument's firmware, etc.
The FlashRunner I series includes the following models:
Programming engine(piggyback, RS-232)
ATE-orientedprogramming engine (RS-232/LAN)
8-site programming engine (piggyback, RS-232/LAN)
Programming engine (RS-232/LAN)
Rackmount/Desktop programmer (RS-232/LAN)