A Revolutionary, Universal, Production In-System Programmer
FlashRunner is a universal, production In-System Programmer. It is the result of many years of experience in developing programming and debugging solutions for microcontrollers. FlashRunner has been carefully designed to be:
- Universal - Supports multiple device manufacturers
- Fast - Reduced programming time means reduced production costs
- Flexible - Can be applied to any programming configuration
- Reliable - Features ensuring data integrity and uninterrupted production flow
The programming of devices In-Circuit or In-System (ISP) eliminates limitations associated with traditional programmable devices (On-Socket or Pre-Programmed). ISP delivers benefits to In-Board and System Level design, manufacturing and programming processes.
- ISP makes manufacturing easier and cheaper
- ISP devices can be programmed while the devices are already soldered to the PCB
- ISP makes firmware updates possible without additional costs
- Lower manufacturing costs, enables flexible in-circuit testing, and delivers faster time-to-market
- A - The top panel protects the main hardware and replicates status LEDs. CAn be easily removed if space is an issue when integrating in your programming/testing system.
- B - A built-in timekeeper/calendar allows for detailed, timestamped logs. Production problems can thus be traced back to the exact moment they happened.
- C - Flashrunner uses a standard, removable Secure Digital card (up to 2GB) to store binary image files, projects and log files.
- D - Mounts easily inside ATE and test fixtures. Compatible with Agilent, Teradyne, SPEA, Genrad and other systems.
- E - The connection layer provides connectors to interface to your programming/testing system. Includes optoisolation circuity and an Ethernet connector to interface to a host system.
- F - The programming engine layer (common to all Flashrunner Series instruments) contains all of the Flashrunner electronics in a compact footprint.
Built for Speed FlashRunner has been built for speed. Both the hardware and firmware have been engineered to work together in such an efficient way as to eliminate communication bottlenecks. On top of this, fast Programming Algorithms have been developed that reach the memory technology speed limit of the target device. This makes FlashRunner one of the fastest universal In-System Programmers on the market, enabling you to significantly cut production costs.
Extensive Device Coverage FlashRunner’s fully reconfigurable and flexible hardware is capable of programming a vast amount of Flash-based microcontrollers and serial memories. Currently supporting more than 5000 devices, FlashRunner’s device list is continuously increasing at a fast pace. Thanks to special partnerships with the most important Silicon Manufacturers, our engineers are constantly updated with first-hand technical information, which results in prompt and comprehensive device Support.
Compact and Robust FlashRunner features state-of-the-art electronics to provide you with high integration flexibility in a compact footprint. Every component of the system has been engineered to withstand the harshest production environments. Optoisolation, ESD protection, CRC on data transfers and detailed reports make FlashRunner the perfect choice when certainty of the programming flow is of the utmost importance.
Easy ATE and Fixture Integration Its simple and versatile interface system allows FlashRunner to be easily and seamlessly integrated into Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) systems. FlashRunner is compatible with Agilent, Teradyne, SPEA, Genrad, and other systems and test fixtures. FlashRunner works either in standalone mode or driven by a host system, through Ethernet or RS-232 Connections.
Data Protection System FlashRunner implements an optional data protection system that makes the contents of the binary file to be programmed to the target device not readable (and not duplicable) by non-authorized people. Moreover, the protection system extends to the programming cycle, preventing production personnel from tampering with the programming flow.
Paneled PCB Programming FlashRunner supports programming of paneled PCBs. Multiple ISP outputs are provided, which allow multiple device programming whether on a single board or distributed across multiple boards in a panel assembly.
Technical Support and Services Purchasing a product is only part of solving your programming needs. We know that you must count on professional help should the need arise. FlashRunneris sold and supported by a worldwide network of resellers and system integrators, comes with a three-year warranty and is backed up by knowledgeable and fast technical support. Additionally, our engineers are available for custom designs and validation reports, to help you start up your projects and providing you with accurate programming flow certifications.